Do you procrastinate like I do?
Currently there are things waiting for me to do… Like to open bills, pay bills, open government letters, buy my supplements, reply emails (both work and personal), etc…
Some of these I can understand why I dread doing, but some things like buying my supplements are practically beneficial for me.
I don’t know why I keep putting them off.
You may like to read: Adult ADD
Considering the possible reasons…
A few things come to mind:
- Is this self-sabotaging behaviour?
- Is it because I feel daunted or stressed or bored doing some of these things?
- Is it because I don’t think I deserve to treat myself better?
- Am I in denial? What am I in denial about? Procrastination is to do with denial right?
- Is it because I think I can get away with not doing these things?
- Is it because I’m genuinely forgetful or get distracted with “other things”?
- I’m bad at making healthy priorities? (Codependent trait)
- Am I (irrationally) rebelling against myself since I’m now the authority that governs my day-to-day as opposed to any boss or parent?
How do you cope with/counter procrastination?
I kind of plan (not really), and it always falls apart. I won’t stick to the plan! I think I need to learn what this thing called “showing up” is, which some CoDA members have mentioned before.
I’ve always linked this to ADHD behaviour. Anyone can relate at all?? Would really love to get some support here, or any thoughts/comments, feedback, etc… Thank you all.
View the original post on Instagram.
>> Follow me at @girlintherapy.