I don’t know about you, but I take things way too seriously sometimes (actually, a lot of the time).
For example… the mobile games I play and also the TV shows I watch.
For games I want to use the best strategies, win all battles, make sure I don’t use coins unnecessarily etc etc etc.
And then I catch myself, and then tell myself time and again: it’s just a game! Don’t need to be so serious about it! If you lose, then you lose. If you use up all your coins, you can win/get them back!
For TV shows, I really get into the characters and I become really invested. Not only the TV characters but the actors too; I’ll research them on IMDb, wiki, etc…
I’ve noticed this recently, so I got a bit more aware.
Possible reasons I take things too seriously
I suspect it’s one or all of these things:
- -> my natural inclination toward obsessing about people, places and things (Codependency Avoidance Patterns)
- -> due to my detail-oriented nature I become obsessive really easily
- -> obsessiveness is a behaviour of an addict?
- -> obsessiveness is my subconscious behaviour to avoid dealing with important things
- -> I get sucked in and want to “know it all” about whatever it is that I’m interested at the moment
- -> maybe obsessing about harmless/unimportant things makes me feel safe
- -> I need to find out what important stuff I’ve been avoiding!
Anyone can relate at all to what I’m saying?
Do you also take things way too seriously when you don’t have to?
View the original post on Instagram.
>> Follow me at @girlintherapy.